Sunday, December 03, 2006

My strength is back

Just got back from my long run and I'm almost back to where I was before I got sick. Yippee!

This week:

Mon:    Run     3.4mi   32:21
        Yoga    45min
Tue:    Run     5.02mi  48:07
Wed:    Run     3.09mi  31:58
        Yoga    50min
Thu     Run     6.38mi  1:01:39
Fri     Run     3.11mi  29:45
Sat     off
Sun     Run     10mi    1:39:25

"His delight is not in the strength of the horse, nor his pleasure in the speed of a runner, but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love."               Psalm 147: 10-11

I didn't know the Bible had much to say about running, then this morning, I read this. Nice to know God isn't only pleased by the fast ones. But of course, that makes sense -- God always has a preference for the poor, weak, sick and, now we know also the slow <g>.

At least once a week I wonder what I am doing here in Cameroon and if I made the right choice. Lots of reasons for my doubt, not the least of which is that it seems to be my nature. So, then I listen to Eminem:

        "Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity,
        to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment,
        would you capture it or just let it slip?. . .

        You better lose yourself in the music.
        The moment you want it, you better never let it go.
        You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow.
        This opportunity comes once in a lifetime."

Ah, okay, so maybe I can't see the whole picture. But, I've walked away from a similar opportunity once before in my life and it's one of the few decisions I regret. So this time around, I still have my doubts, but I also have Eminem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for quoting the psalms and providing a brief commentary. It made me laugh and share it...

I think it's very difficult to see and appreciate the most obvious act of all - being physically present. Our presence matters.

Don't forget you have your doubts, Eminem -- and us.