Sunday, May 27, 2007

I've been doing it all wrong

Well, this morning, I understood why I have not yet discovered the Bamenda running community. I was coming back from Yaoundé on the night bus and we got to Upstation at around 5:45am. At first there were a few, then more, then dozens, then literally several hundred people running! Young football players, older people, middle-aged couples in matching track suits running off their "spread", young men doing push ups and situps by the roadside, two teams dressed in uniforms, schoolgirls. All running up the hill to Upstation and then the dedicated running on further along the ridge before returning to run down.

I've been going the wrong direction and much too late (6:30 or 7:00am) to have ever run into these people. So, next Sunday that's the plan. 5:30 leave the house and head for Upstation to become part of the scene!

No comments: