Friday, December 21, 2007

Cows and frogs

I have been able to run a few times during the Yoga Teachers Training. I finally went out the road behind the Ashram which goes into villages vs. the main road. Much more pleasant.

Saturday I ran 10.5 mi in an hour and a half and ran through about 10 different villages. At one point, I ran past what can only be described as a cow park -- like a car park, but for cows. Everyone was coming home at the end of the day and parking their cows while they went home.

Between Saturday and Wednesday when I was able to run again, it rained and rained and rained. What had been a field on Saturday was a pond by Wednesday! As I ran by, I could not hear the music on my iPod because the frogs were making so much noise. It was incredible. Now every evening we are serenaded by a million mating frogs. They do rest at some point, but that point is sometime after 1:30am and 4:30am. Amazing!

No comments: