Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boot Camp Day 1

Sorry for not posting any updates in a long time. Leaving Cameroon, coming to the US and being in Aptos, then San Francisco, then Boulder and now (finally) settled back in SF -- all my regular activities have fallen by the wayside. . .

So to inject some discipline into my life and get some support, and to learn some stuff to increase my strength and flexibility, I signed up for a 5-week "Boot Camp". It's nice because we workout outside and one day a week, we meet at different points around the city.

Today was Day 1 and it was primarily assessment. So, here are my stats:

Weight: 136.8 lbs (eegads. . .)
1.5 mile run: 13:20
Pushups: 7 "regular" + 10 on my knees
2 min. Crunches: 57

I'll test myself at the end of the 5 weeks and report on my progress.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are primarily strength days and we meet at Kezar Stadium which happens to be 1.8 miles from the house where I am staying. That's quite handy as running there is a good warmup and running home is a good cooldown.

No comments: