Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Boot Camp Week 2, Day 1

I ran over to Kezar stadium and Brad was waiting for me. I was the only one again this Monday. I guess the other women (they're all women so far) are not Monday people, but I decided that Monday morning was the best 'cause it gets my butt out of bed and the house to start the week. (For anyone who knows San Francisco, you will, I think appreciate the intensity of the workout we did if you can picture where we went.) We stretched a little bit and then started to jog out of the stadium.

He didn't say where we were going, so I'm just following, hoping we are going to head into Golden Gate Park. But he turns and heads around the top of the stadium. Then the first one -- up a semi-steep hill to the bottom of UCSF (the street that the N Judah runs on). Jog over a quarter of a block and then I'm looking at a very steep hill -- one of those that people in stick shift cars avoid. . . Up we go, Phew! And now we are in the middle of UCSF. Cross the road and go around behind Langley Porter Hospital, past the loading dock, and -- what do we have here? -- a set of stairs that go up and up and up and up and up. I actually was doing okay for awhile but literally these stairs climbed the equivalent of 10 or 12 stories. At the start of them, we are at the ground floor of Langley Porter, when we get to the top, we are above the tallest buildling on the UCSF campus. Yow!

Now we run across a small parking lot and next to a building there are more stairs -- only three stories worth this time. Through another parking lot and then there is a road which goes down to the left or up to the right. Do we go down and around and back home? No, no, no, not yet. UP we go, then up twice more to find a little park being born at the top of this hill. (Is it called Sutro hill this one? It is definitely in Sutro forest, but we're still on the UCSF side of Clarendon.) In the park we stop for a few minutes -- and do 20 pushups off a bench followed by 20 dips.

Then back down, down, down, down, down. . . the way we came all the way back to the stadium where we stretch and do abs (always abs & stretch at the end of every workout). When I started to run home aftewards my legs protested mightily. They thought we were done!

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal