Monday, October 27, 2008

Workouts Updated

Well, I am thrilled to say that, thanks to Ben and Luc at Buckeye Outdoors, my workouts are now updated all the way back to 7 July! If you look at the widget on the right, you'll see the latest!

Also, if you want to check out my Buckeye log (which has links to see a little map/satellite image of my runs), you should find it at:

http://www.buckeyeoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/training/traininglog?guest=tlongacre

(Maybe? My log is supposed to be public, but I'm not sure how public it really is. . .)

Ran 8 miles Saturday morning, the longest run in awhile. That felt good. Sunday morning after church I rode my bike to the beach (a bit out of town where the water isn't dirty). I thought I'd go for a swim, but the water was really, really rough, so I gave it up. Had a nice bike ride though.

I've decided to stop being so freakin' hard on myself and be happy, nay celebrate, that I'm running 25 miles a week. Be happy that I can get a salad each day for lunch (that won't last long!), eating fairly well even if it does mean I eat wheat more than I think I should. . .

I saw some picture of myself in the buff that were taken right before moving to Cameroon. I look really good and I know that at the time, I didn't think I did. Just goes to show ya. Oh, and the other thing that makes a huge difference (I don't know why, but it really does) is that I'm starting to get a bit of tan. For some reason I feel a gazillion times better when I'm tan. Seriously. I really don't know what that's about but I do know it is true. So thank God for small favors like vitamin D enriched sunshine!

No comments: