Monday, June 01, 2009

Off to DR Congo

Well, I havent written in awhile because I havent been running much. And mostly Ive been cold and miserable and whiny about it and I know you dont wanna hear all that.

The good news is that I got some much needed medical attention during my sojourn in the US several high quality massages, great core training advice and diagnosis and treatment of adrenal fatigue. So I feel like I am in good shape moving forward and looking forward to getting back into shape and a good solid running routine.

Today I board a flight to start the long trek to my new life in Bukavu, the Democratic Republic of the Congo. I am taking up the position of Partnership Coordinator for the International Rescue Committee and will be there for at least a couple of years, if not many more. I fly to New York, then Brussels, then Kinshasa where Ill be for a couple of weeks of orientation. So, stay tuned for dispatches from a country rebuilding after a long, hard civil war.

1 comment:

Bong said...

Good luck on your new assignment. My prayers for a safe and fulfilling stint in Congo. I look forward to reading your next running blogs and seeing some pictures of the country. I enjoyed those from the Solomon
Islands. God bless.