Sunday, May 01, 2011

Sponsor me in the Run for the World!!

REMINDER and update to fix weblinks.

 

Hello everyone!

 

Did you know that CUSO-VSO (http://www.cuso-vso.org) and I are the same age? Neither did I until last month. But it’s true. In 2012, we will both be 50 years old. Amazing!

 

As part of the festivities, CUSO-VSO has created the Run for the World – an opportunity for people to run and get sponsors to raise money in honor of the 50th anniversary of sending volunteers to share their skills with people and organizations in the developing world. Run for the World is focused around Ottawa Race weekend which is 28-29 May, 2011, when there will be a series of races in the city at its most beautiful time of the year.

 

Of course, I’m not in Ottawa, but I wanted to participate. It is, after all, the Run for the World, and I’m in the world, aren’t I?

 

So, I am going to run a half-marathon here in Katima Mulilo that same weekend – my very own personal Run for the World! Since there won’t be crowds lining the streets here to cheer me on, I am really hoping YOU will take on that challenge and cheer me on by sponsoring me!

 

My goal is to raise $3,000 which will support another volunteer to take the leap to share her/his skills with brothers and sisters here in Africa or in Nepal or in Papua New Guinea or in Honduras or any of the many countries around the world where CUSO-VSO works. As you know, I love CUSO-VSO and really believe that we are doing great, sustainable work in the world, that’s why I am on my second assignment with them.

 

To sponsor me, you can visit my personal page – I have two pages, one for US donations and a second for Canadian donations because I am lucky enough to have friends all over! Please visit the page appropriate for you where you can make a secure online donation using your credit card or paypal. Click on the link below:

 

If you are in the US or want to contribute in USD:  http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1121606

 

If you are in Canada or want to contribute in CDN: http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1120311

 

You can leave me a message and make a gift. To get more information on how YOU can participate in Run for the World, please visit www.runfortheworld.ca.

 

Thanks for your support!

 

No comments: