Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Frank Forencich: Don’t we want more from the Paleo than diet?

This is the from the MovNat website. I wanted to share it with you because I am totally with Frank here. I came to the Paleo way of eating FROM barefooting and MovNat--from wanting to find more natural ways of movement. That led me to exploring more natural ways of eating (and subsequently of sleeping, washing, traveling. . .) For me, this was never about a diet. Oh sure, I had those persistent 10lbs that I could never lose, which did come off right away when I improved my eating, but I'm not going back to the way I ate before because I lost that weight. It was never the point.

Guest Blog Entry by Frank Forencich: Don’t we want more from the Paleo than diet?

For me "Paleo" or "Primal" or "ancestral" or whatever you want to call it, is about learning what it means to be a human animal and how to live naturally in the world, on this planet. Yes, I find it a bit sad that I have to learn this, but such is our predicament as modern-day human beings.

The earth is a wonderful place, full of beauty and places to explore and I want to feel it, touch it, sense it as deeply and closely as I can. Won't you join me?

No comments: